This past weekend, Coach James FitzGerald, founder of OPEX, made a special visit to Central Athlete to host his newest seminar: OPEX C5 Course-The 5 Foundations of Coaching.
A total of 25 coaches, and those interested in becoming coaches, assumed the role of ‘students’ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on their Saturday to learn just what it takes to become not just a good, but a great coach.
Coach James brought the message that, in order to be truly great, coaches must be well-rounded and provide clients with a comprehensive, individualized and caring experience.
- Assessment: Knowing how to conduct and integrate a formal, in-depth assessment
- Program Design: Designing a fitness protocol and training program, aimed specifically at the individual’s goals
- Lifestyle Coaching: Connecting with clients on a deeper level—inspiring them to realize and achieve their own personal greatness in their lives
- Nutrition: Understanding proper nutrition, food hygiene and food quality practices
- Business Systems: Implementing a strategic, smart business structure for a sustainable fitness business
All of these are modules from the OPEX Coaches Certificate Program, hosted year round, both online and in-person to train coaches to be better coaches.
Central Athlete could not have been more honored to host Coach James, and can say with confidence that these take-home points are factors we stand by: Great coaching and unparalleled service.
What separates a great
fitness experience and coaching from a good
fitness experience and coaching?
Individualization. Care. Guaranteed success. Scientifically-driven.
At Central Athlete, you will get all these things.
On the flip side, online coaching programs, fitness classes, personal trainers and coaches are a dime a dozen out there.
More than just a piece of paper with a passing grade from a weekend-long certification, or a trainer who makes up your workout for that day on the fly, we at Central Athlete believe that quality coaching goes far more in-depth.
We want to:
- Set goals and achieve them
- Empower you to learn and know your own body (mechanics, mobility, stability, strength)
- Address any roadblocks standing in your way to your goals
- Prevent injuries and heal injuries
- Educate you around nutrition for your body, and best health
- And have fun in the training process
- Be a professional fitness experience and leaders in exclusive coaching
…Just to name a few.
The C5 Course is about all of these and more—a year’s worth of education from OPEX’s CCP program, all consolidated into one jam-packed day at Central Athlete.